Steck-Vaughn Core Skills: Science Workbook Grade 8
Aligns with Common Core Reading Standards for Literacy in Science. This engaging series covers the basics of science instruction for grades 1-8. Steck-Vaughn Core Skills: Science series provides informative readings and worksheets on a wide variety of topics in earth, life, and physical science. Activities are logically sequenced, transitioning smoothly from basic comprehension of concepts to higher-order thinking skills. Worksheets include activities that target:
- Scientific Vocabulary: Activities challenge students to show their understanding of scientific terms by a variety of methods, such as differentiating between words, and using them in meaningful sentences.
- Reading Skills: Comprehension questions ascertain that students understand what they have read and develop reading skills that pertain to science.
- Scientific Inquiry Skills: Students will learn the basic skills of scientific inquiry, including hypothesizing, observing, experimenting, and classifying data.
- Critical Thinking: Activities increase students' ability to synthesize, analyze, and evaluate scientific information.
- Test Prep Questions: Science questions in standardized test format help students in grades 3-6 prepare for state exams.
Material Type: Student Materials
Format: Softcover, 144 Pages
Product Code: 1568001
Copyright Year: 2014