180 Days of High Frequency Words Grade 1
Concepts aren't truly learned until they're put into practice! Build students' fluency of key skills with this easy-to-use resource. These daily practice activities can be used in the classroom or at home.
Build reading skills and increase the ability to recognize sight words instantly with this invaluable classroom resource. For teachers who do not have time for vocabulary instruction, this series features quick, easy-to-use daily word study activities to include in the language arts block. Based on Fry's 1000 Instant Words, 180 Days of High-Frequency Words introduces three snap words each week in a structure that places the focus on word recognition. A total of 108 high-frequency words is covered. Boost reading, writing, and spelling skills with this workbook that prepares students for college and career.
- Students will increase their ability to identify high-frequency words in different ways
- Activity worksheets include cutting, coloring, tracing, matching, circling, identifying rhymes, drawing, and filling in the blank in cloze sentences
- Teachers have an opportunity to use activities as a weekly or cumulative assessment
The Shell Education 180 Days of High Frequency Words 1 workbook series features five-day sequences that focus on a weekly word list. Each weekly process includes five worksheets:
- Introduce the Words (Introduce & familiarize students with the words of the week)
- Recognize the Words (identifying the words)
- Play with the Words (tactile manipulation, play, art, and hands-on activities)
- Use the Words (using words in context)
- Write the Words (writing activities)
Quarterly assessment tools, home/school connection extension activities, and cut-apart flash cards are also included. Word lists are based upon Dr. Fry's list of 1,000 instant words.
216 classroom-reproducible pages, softcover. Answer key included. Grade 1.
Number of Pages: 208
Vendor: Shell Education
Publication Date: 2016
|Dimensions: 11 X 8.5 (inches)
Series: 180 Days of Practice
180 Days of Practice Workbook Series from Shell Education features five-day sequences that each focus on one skill. Subjects include Math, Reading & Language, Writing, Science and Social Studies. Each weekly process includes five worksheets:
- Think About it! (Problem-solving process)
- Solve it! (Students solve one or two routine problems)
- Visualize It! (A visual representation such as a table or diagrams is shown as a strategy for solving a problem)
- Solve it two ways! (Students solve the same problem in two ways by applying the strategies they've learned)
- Challenge Yourself! (Features a multi-step, non-routine problem)
Each daily task is given on a full-size practice page; exercises are perfect for warm-ups, "problem of the day" type activities, or as homework. Books are softcover, have classroom-reproducible pages. Answer key included.