180 Days of Geography Grade 3
Concepts aren't truly learned until they're put into practice! Build students' fluency of key skills with this easy-to-use resource. These daily practice activities can be used in the classroom or at home.
180 Days of Geography provides teachers and parents with 180 days of daily practice to build students' geographical knowledge and skills. With the world becoming more connected, learning about different places through a geographic lens will equip 21st century students with the skills they need to better understand diverse cultures and regions in an increasingly interdependent world.
- Through weekly units, students will improve their geographic background knowledge, critical thinking and reasoning skills, map and spatial skills, and answer photo- and text-dependent questions
- Provide detailed instruction on map skills, key geographical concepts, and the five themes of geography: location, place, human environment/interaction, movement, and region
- An introductory two-week unit focuses on teaching the map skills that students will use throughout the rest of the book
- Subsequent units will introduce students to a new place or a type of map, and will explore the relationship between geography and culture
With engaging worksheets, this workbook helps teachers meet National Geography Standards and state standards in their classrooms. Digital files are included.
The "Practice, Assess, Diagnose" workbook 180 Days of Geography provides daily opportunities for students to explore the five themes of geography: location, place, human-environment interaction, movement, and region. Activities follow weekly themes and are aligned to specific Common Core standards.
208 classroom-reproducible pages, softcover. Grade 3.
Vendor: Shell Education
Publication Date: 2018
|Dimensions: 11 X 8.5 (inches)
180 Days of Practice Workbook Series from Shell Education features five-day sequences that each focus on one skill. Subjects include Math, Reading & Language, Writing, Science and Social Studies. Each weekly process includes five worksheets:
- Think About it! (Problem-solving process)
- Solve it! (Students solve one or two routine problems)
- Visualize It! (A visual representation such as a table or diagrams is shown as a strategy for solving a problem)
- Solve it two ways! (Students solve the same problem in two ways by applying the strategies they've learned)
- Challenge Yourself! (Features a multi-step, non-routine problem)
Each daily task is given on a full-size practice page; exercises are perfect for warm-ups, "problem of the day" type activities, or as homework. Books are softcover, have classroom-reproducible pages. Answer key included.