Handwriting Without Tears: Grade 2 Reading & Writing Boost Bundle
This Handwriting Without Tears "Reading and Writing Boost" kit features favorite reading and writing materials perfect for use during the schoolyear or as a "boost" over the summer break. Each bundle comes individually packaged with instructions and resources needed to improve literacy skills.
The Learning without Tears Building Writers composition workbook series offers extra practice for developing writing skills. Students become better, more fluent writers as they write about cross-curricular topics and practice narrative, information, and opinion-based writing styles. Simple black-and-white illustrations are paired with age-appropriate writing prompts that ask students to write the ending to a story, write sentences about different types of boats, describe the setting to a story, write facts about different types of animals or instruments, write about a favorite book, and more.
Building Writers C covers the following skills:
- Narrative: Students write stories in logical order with detail, action, and emotion, and provide an ending/closure
- Information: Write an introduction about their topic, facts to explain the topic, and a conclusion
- Opinion: Students learn to clearly state their opinion in a topic sentence, provide reasons to support their opinion, and write a conclusion
This journal is appropriate for second grade students and provides a place for strengthening handwriting and creative writing skills during independent writing time. It includes regular double lines plus space for drawing.
This grade 2 set includes:
- Yasmin The Writer by, Saadia Faruqui
- Building Writers C, 86 pages paperback
- Writing Journal C, 80 pages paperback
|Title: Second Grade Reading & Writing Boost Bundle
Vendor: Handwriting Without Tears
|Weight: 1 pound 4 ounces