Steck-Vaughn Core Skills Writing Workbook Grade 2
Prepare students for a lifetime of writing!
Writing is a key to success in school and in life, but many writing programs fail to engage students. Core Skills: Writing series reaches out to writers of all abilities with a light tone and an approach that allows students to 'see' their writing in a new way. Targeted lessons focus on specific writing skills, and extension activities encourage students to write creatively by applying the skills they have learned.
- Includes the seven traits of writing.
- Guides students through the writing process through the four units - Laying the Foundation, Building Sentences, Building Paragraphs and Writing Forms.
- Graphic organizers are provided to help students organize their thoughts before writing and to evaluate their writing.
- Clear explanations, bullet-ed hints, and helpful questions enable students to actively review and improve their writing.
- The program helps prepare students to succeed on the writing portion of standardized tests.
- A scoring rubric makes it easy to analyze students writing.
- Grade: 2
- Material Type: Student Materials
- Format: Softcover, 136 Pages
- ISBN-13/EAN: 9780544268463
- ISBN-10: 0544268466
- Product Code: 1568011
- National/State: National
- Copyright Year: 2014