180 Days of Writing Grade 1
Concepts aren't truly learned until they're put into practice! Build students' fluency of key skills with this easy-to-use resource. These daily practice activities can be used in the classroom or at home.
180 Days of Writing is an easy-to-use resource that provides kindergarten students with daily practice activities to build writing and grammar skills. Students interact with mentor texts and then apply their learning by writing opinion/argument, informative/explanatory, and narrative pieces. For use at home or at school, this workbook features:
- 18 theme-based, two-week units, each aligned to one writing standard
- A framework for students to practice steps of the writing process: prewriting, drafting, revising, editing, and publishing
- Versatile, daily practice worksheets that are easy to prepare and implement
- Genre-specific rubrics that provide authentic assessment to help differentiate instruction
- Correlated to College and Career Readiness and other state standards
- Digital resources including assessment-analysis tools
The "Practice, Assess, Diagnose" workbook 180 Days of Writing provides daily opportunities for students to improve their writing skills fluency. Activities follow weekly themes and are aligned to specific Common Core standards.
This Kindergarten Writing workbook will help students practice the five steps of writing: prewriting, drafting, revising, editing, and publishing.
216 classroom-reproducible pages, softcover. Grade 1.
Vendor: Shell Education
Publication Date: 2018
|Dimensions: 11 X 8.5 (inches)
180 Days of Practice Workbook Series from Shell Education features five-day sequences that each focus on one skill. Subjects include Math, Reading & Language, Writing, Science and Social Studies. Each weekly process includes five worksheets:
- Think About it! (Problem-solving process)
- Solve it! (Students solve one or two routine problems)
- Visualize It! (A visual representation such as a table or diagrams is shown as a strategy for solving a problem)
- Solve it two ways! (Students solve the same problem in two ways by applying the strategies they've learned)
- Challenge Yourself! (Features a multi-step, non-routine problem)
Each daily task is given on a full-size practice page; exercises are perfect for warm-ups, "problem of the day" type activities, or as homework. Books are softcover, have classroom-reproducible pages. Answer key included.