Write Traits includes everything needed to build a strong foundation in the traits of effective writing, support writing independence, and deliver flexible, effective instruction.
The Six Traits:
- Ideas - Unit 1 begins with ideas.
- Organization - Unit 2 delivers instruction in how to organize, shape, and support ideas.
- Voice- Unit 3 supports students in bringing a unique voice to their ideas.
- Word Choice - Unit 4 focuses instruction on employing the most powerful language.
- Sentence Fluency - Unit 5 emphasizes the importance of rhythm, flow, and "sound."
- Conventions and Presentation - Each unit addresses conventions and presentation as they apply to the target trait.