To meet the needs of today's student, Science Fusion is designed for multi-modal learning and teaching. This means two very important things:
- Every lesson is designed to be accessed in print and digital environments.
- Learning strategies are specific to the learning experience.
No two students are alike, and each student learns in different ways - visual, kinesthetic, reading, or writing. With Science Fusion, every lesson is designed to be accessed in multiple ways, and you get a full curriculum of digital and print lessons that are complementary. Each lesson provides unique options so students can learn and apply new concepts and skills.
Write-In Student Text: Research has shown that today's students process information differently, and the Student Worktext is designed to reflect this. Rather than bombard students with page after page of text, the program uses visual cues to draw students through a progression of informative elements. This two-page spread, magazine-like format engages students in their lessons. This verbal/visual blend of images and engaging text promotes a student-centered approach to learning that integrates interesting sidebar tidbits, friendly fonts, and lots of short, interactive exercises that ask students to predict, explain, synthesize, define, and summarize elements of the text.
- Lessons begin with Essential Question and Engage Your Brain activities
- Active Reading, Visualize It, and Do The Math activities guide students through lessons and aid understanding
- Lesson Review activities check comprehension, apply concepts, and promote critical thinking
Online Student Interactive Digital Curriculum (one-year subscription) eLearning Curriculum Science Fusion offers students a full online science curriculum, including digital lessons, virtual labs, Video-based projects, animations, simulations, and access to science eTextbooks. The Student Interactive Digital Curriculum is more than a supplemental companion e-book text, but rather provides a unique online lesson. The interactive digital curriculum is designed to be flexible, so that you can assign the most appropriate parts to your students. Lessons, virtual labs, simulations, animations, and videos can be assigned to individual students, demonstrated through a projector, or displayed on a digital whiteboard.
- Digital Lessons
- People in Science
- Interactive Glossary
- Unit Quizzes
- Virtual Labs
- Video-based projects, animations, simulations
- Access to science eTextbooks
The Online Teacher Digital Management Center (one year subscription): Is designed to make it easier for you to access all of the program resources - teacher and student - to assist you in planning, teaching, assessing and tracking student progress. Video-centered, inquiry-based projects consist of a video, teacher support pages, and student activity workshops, with 1-2 included per module. Teacher lessons guide instructors through activities, questions, misconceptions, differentiated instruction, preparation, troubleshooting, expected results, learning goals, estimated times for each activity, and more. Unit planning pages offer review and instruction on integrating the print text, digital curriculum, and hands-on inquiry. Assessments can be given online or printed, and both formative and summative assessments are included.
- Electronic Teacher Edition
- ExamView Test Banks
- Downloadable versions of all resources and assessments
- Teacher support for digital lessons, Video-Based projects, and Virtual Labs
- Functionality for scheduling and assigning work for students
Teacher features include:
- Program resources that can be easily previewed in PDF format and downloaded for editing.
- The ability to assign and schedule resources online, which will appear in your students' inboxes.
- Automatically scored quizzes and tests
- Student progress can be easily monitored and tracked.
Leveled Labs and activities: Essential Questions connect what students learn in a hands-on setting to the content and skills learned in the write-in textbook and digital lessons. To help you match instruction to your child's needs, inquiry levels are provided for every lab of ScienceFusion.
ScienceFusion Packages are kits that were originally created for the homeschool classroom; however, the materials included are the same as used in public and private school settings.
For Grades K-5: Kits include materials for one year of science study. In addtion to traditional science topics, each elementary package includes a unit on science and technology, progressing from science skills to understanding technology to the engineering process.
For Grades 6-8: We offer 11 modules, ten covering key life, earth, and physical science topics plus one on science and technology careers. These modules are not designed as full-year science curriculum; three or four modules can be completed in one year. Modules are appropriate for all middle grades, so you can choose whether to mix life, earth and physical science topics or focus on one.
Middle Grade Modules Include:
- Cells and Heredity
- The Diversity of Living Things
- The Human Body
- Ecology and Environment
- The Dynamic Earth
- Earth's Water and Atmosphere
- Space Science
- Matter and Energy
- Sound and Light
- Introduction to Science and Technology
- Science Fusion Text, softcover.
- One year of access to the Online Student Interactive Digital Curriculum
- One year of access to the Online Teacher Digital Management Center
Vendor: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
Please note that because each workbook contains individualized activation information, we cannot accept returns on these items if the shrinkwrap has been opened.
|9780547588759 / 1461239||ScienceFusion Student Edition Interactive Worktext Grade 4||1|
|1486456||HMH SCIFUSN HMSCH PKG FLY GR04 2012||1|