The Comprehension Plus program provides explicit instruction and practice of the comprehension skills students need to understand written text. Each lesson begins with direct instruction of each skill and is followed by opportunities for students to apply and transfer the skill to a meaningful context. Comprehension Plus study skills, vocabulary, phonics/word study, and writing connections add up to improved test scores and classroom performance. Comprehension Plus is a perfect combination with Comprehension Power Readers which are sold separately. Level D is recommended for 4th grade reading instruction.
The teacher edition will build a lesson around the targeted comprehension skill:
- Include carefully sequenced instruction of the focus skill in each lesson plus review of previously taught skills.
- Provide helpful teaching tips.
- Drive instruction with step-by-step mini-lessons.
- Reinforce the reading-writing connection.
- Help assess student progress in comprehending the text.
- Support students' diverse needs with a variety of activities.
Product Name: Comprehension Plus Book E Teacher
Publisher: Pearson Education - Modern Curriculum Press